Articles and InformationThe following articles include basic information about how to solder and what tools you need. Many of these include videos and links to other resources.
- How To Solder: A Complete Beginners Guide - Makerspaces.com
Includes a free PDF downloadable book
- How to Solder: Through-Hole Soldering - learn.sparkfun.com
- Adafruit Guide To Excellent Soldering
- How to Solder Electronics (with Pictures) - wikiHow
- Soldering Is NOT Rocket Science!: 8 Steps (with Pictures)
- Video: Soldering Crash Course: Basic Techniques, Tips and Advice!
- Adafruit Soldering 101 reference card
- A USB powered one for $13 (use it with a USB battery pack)
- A 12v powered unit for $9
- A butane powered unit for $26
- Soldering Helping Hands (quicker print)
- Helping Hands - Soldering Station
- MobilVise (a portable, printable version of the stick vise)
As I mentioned previously, I love my Hakko CHP-170 micro cutters ($9). They are relatively inexpensive, and worth every penny. I have several pair that I keep stashed around so a pair is always within easy reach.